Monday, October 25, 2010

The Lord uses the weak things to shame the strong



I think that the title of this blog should speak for itself.

I am one of those weak things. If I could write down one thing that the Lord has been really highlighting to me in the past week, it's that I AM NOTHING:: I AM WEAK:: and I CANNOT LIFT MY FINGER WITHOUT HIM.

Since moving to a different country other than my own, and going through culture shock, and all the lovely things that come with that, the enemy has been pulling out every single tactic and weapon he can against me...and I'm not going to lie, it hasn't been easy and i've fallen over and over again.

But after every time I've been knocked to the ground, I always feel someones arm come up under mine to pull me up, carrying me along...Jesus looks at me with compassion and complete perfection in His eyes, calling me to once again, be reconciled with the Father through Him. He calls me to hide myself in His arms, and He WANTS me to cling wholeheartedly to Him. He forgives me for each time I ignore Him, each time I break His heart, and UNDERSTANDS my inability to be perfectly holy.

This Jesus has been working on fully healing my brokenness since the day i took my first breath, and will not stop until the day I take my last.

Each time He looks at me my stone cold heart melts, and His gaze overwhelms me to the point of having no words.

...And yet, He uses me to show the world His magnificent beauty and glory. Why? I ask myself this question often, and His response is, "Because I am the potter, you are the clay." He chose it this way in the beginning, knowing full and well what He was "getting into."

But all I have to say after thinking about all of this is

::HOW CAN YOU NOT BELIEVE THAT GOD IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF LOVE AND FULL OF MERCY?::


1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

No comments: