Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27, 2010


I had the opportunity to spend Christmas in Paris this year, and it was a great time with friends!

The name "City of Lights" is appropriate for Paris at Christmas time, with lights everywhere around the city and of course, the famous Champs Elysses.

During this trip, my spirit was especially refreshed.
It is quite hard to explain in words, but the Lord is doing something new in my heart.

He is breaking through walls of numbness in my heart, imparting His heart in mine.


Today I spent some time watching an extremely powerful movie on Human Trafficking. Describing how I felt after watching this movie is also hard to put into words, especially for one who finds communicating things hard.

But I got to thinking about how little time I give to other people. I seem to be giving people my "leftovers" and regulating how much of myself I sacrifice...

"I mustn't give all of me, for I might lose myself. I will give away this much of my time, of my money, of my emotions, of myself, but after I meet my quota, I'm done. I deserve my time."

This does not match up with what Jesus says in Luke 9:23-24,

"Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it."

How is it so easy for me to forget the most basic teachings of Jesus? Praise Him we are not created to do this on our own. We are completely unable to live, breathe, walk, do everything, alone. We need God. I need God. And I'm so grateful that He has no shortage of grace, for His grace "abounds!" What sweet truth this is!

I'm deciding today to allow the Lord to "renew my heart and mind." I must first decide this, so that He can then do the rest in me. It takes a purified heart and mind to truly think of others first, and to truly care, for I don't want to just commit to try harder at loving people from my own efforts. I can't love people without the Lover of all loving through me....


it is transformation that i am longing for!

Christmas Even Candlelight service in Paris


Nous aimons Paris, France


The Christmas Dinner

No comments: