Friday, August 26, 2011


So here I am again, back in Greensboro with another few weeks for seeing my family and friends here in the boro.

I've been back here for a couple of weeks now and during this time I've had a lot of time for reflecting and refreshing. It's been a somewhat "uneventful" time home, but one of the most restful times I have had visiting home thus far.




I've picked up a book I read once when I was a senior in high school that really ignited and fueled my passion for missions, but more than that, this book really encouraged me to lose my life for Christ in order to find it.
I don't really know why I decided to read it again, but I am so grateful that I did!


After being on the field in France for 15 months I burned out, and didn't even realize how tired and weary I had gotten until getting back to the states. I lost sight of why I said "Here I am. Send me!" in the first place. I had lost sight of the real reason I sacrificed my own dreams, my family, my friends, and any hopes of having a "normal American life" :: I had lost sight of the man I fell in love with :: JESUS CHRIST.

The past 4 months that I have had finishing up my degree at Bethany in Minnesota have been like a dream :: being surrounded by the ones who have become "closer than brothers" to me, those who share the same passion for seeking Christ in every area of their lives, those who have tasted of Him and will forever be changed by love.

After graduating 2 weeks ago, I traveled back to NC with my family, which have turned out to be just another few weeks of going deeper with my King, Jesus.
In the book I mentioned above, the main theme is about losing your life for the cause of Christ and not building up your own kingdom for your own glory in this world.
It's all about Christ. And this is exactly what I needed to be reminded of ::
IT's ALL ABOUT CHRIST.



Here are just some things that the Lord has been solidifying more in me::

The American Dream (and the world in general!) tries to tell you that what will fulfill you is money, security, approval from others, finding your "true love", marriage, having a skill, or even having a successful ministry...
these are not bad things in themselves, but they are meaningless without being centered around the Lord and used for His glory.

I am unsure of my next step in life or where the Lord wants me to go, and that's OK because I know that I can live a life of devotion to Jesus wherever I am and whatever opportunities the Lord puts in front of me.

He will lead me, with perfect timing.

I need to stop thinking of success the way the world does and start asking the Lord what is success to Him.

There is more than the material and physical. We were created as physical, emotional, and SPIRITUAL beings.

When God gives you an abundance of something it's not because He wants you to hoard it, but He wants you to have the blessing of sharing it....Greed and selfishness are like cancer: slowly and silently killing you.

DREAM BIGGER. DREAM BIGGER. DREAM BIGGER. I serve the God of the Universe. The One who created it all. NO DREAM IS TOO BIG.


No comments: