I want to tell you a little bit about that now, and where it seems the Lord is leading me next.
As you may know, for the past 6 months the Lord has had me in a season of working very closely with a Media Team being birthed at Bethany International, to proclaim God's glory and works through video and other forms of media. This has been a challenging and very rewarding season of pioneering something new for me and the team I have been working with. In case you haven't met them yet, here is my team:
Leslie Gaul; loves Jesus, photography, filmography, and drinking lots of tea.

Drew Powell; loves Jesus, social media, filmography, and playing the piano.

In the past few months we have worked together diligently for the Lord, in scripting, recording videos of all kinds, and editing those videos. From November 7-December 4 we traveled to Kenya, Africa to record everything from Farm Projects to interviews of missionaries in training, in order to portray what the Lord is doing through the locals AND missionaries in that area. It was a very stretching trip for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and experience. One of the days we were there, we even got to go the national park, to get some amazing footage of giraffes, zebras, hippos, etc etc, to use in our videos for Bethany! It was an awesome time to just gaze upon all the amazing creatures that the Lord has created, and give praise to Him in that way! =D
And now the month is February, only a couple of months away from the end of my time with the media team. And over the past few months the Lord has been slowly birthing in my heart a very real and exciting vision for what He is calling me to next.
The funny part of this story is that while I was in Kenya, Africa, on a mission with the media team, the Lord started to give me dreams, during my nights there. All of these dreams were about the country of France.
And every morning after waking, when I was talking to the Lord, I felt that it was extremely important for me to start praying about going to France as a missionary, particularly Marseille, France.
And this may sound very easy, and kinda' obvious, but for me, it was very significant. In lots of ways, I have been resistant in my heart towards the idea of going back to France in general, but the city of Marseille is a city of bad memories for me. I don't naturally like this city or feel any fleshly desire to go back to this place, which doesn't make a whole lot of since since it's an absolutely beautiful city. So, when the Lord asked me to pray about it, I was hesitant and afraid that He would ask me to go there for Him.
But by the grace of the Lord, I resolved that I must obey His Spirit and be willing to do even this.
So begins the next few months of waiting on the Lord, and seeking Him on what His vision for me is in this coming season, while remaining very involved and busy with the season I am in now with the media team.
And I will not begin to write down all the ways in which the Lord was bringing to my mind and heart the nation of France, once more. It seemed that I couldn't escape it, but I was beginning to not want to. He was slowly and daily, bit by bit, giving me His heart from France once more. And I don't think I ever really lost that heart for France He once gave me about 4 years ago before I moved to Nantes, France for 16 months for my Global Internship. I think that my heart for France was simply "put on hold" in a sense, while God had some other things for me to learn and tasks for me to help fulfill.
Coming Up...

So, after many months of seeking the Lord and seeking wisdom from many advisors, friends, and family, I feel very confident in saying that I feel that God is calling me to go back to France, and this time to Marseille, France to be a full time missionary.
I am currently starting the application process with Bethany International to hopefully be accepted as a missionary to France. There are so many more details that I am leaving out for now, but feel that I should wait until things become more clear and solidified before sharing much more.
But I want to share this much with you to ask you for your prayers in this time. Please pray that I will end the current season I am in with the media team strongly and with integrity, working as if unto the Lord (Colossians 3:23) and that all will go well with my preparations with the next season quickly approaching!
Thank you for all the encouragement and support you are always pouring out to me! Please let me know how I can be praying for you too!
1 comment:
that is so exciting! awesome to see where God calls us all and to realize that He has such perfect ways of working out His plan.
Post a Comment