There's gonna be a wedding // it's the reason that I'm living // to marry the Lamb. <3
This is what I am living for.
This is what I long for.
This is what I dream about.
I haven't always realized that Jesus was the love of my life, and sometimes I forget a little too easily, but today I want to declare something:
I am so desperately in love with this Man.
And it is not my love for Him that I put my trust in, because more times than I can count, I've forgotten Him, I've put Him second, and I've put other "lovers" first.
I have been the harlot more times than I care to admit.
And yet....this Man;
this Man has never givin up on me. He has never stopped pursuing my heart. I mean, REALLY pursuing my heart...out of PURE LOVE.
He has not once, thrown my mistakes, my sins, my unfaithfulness, back in my face. He has NOT ONCE said an unkind, condemning, or harsh word to me, even in the moments I know that I deserve them the most.
I have only ever heard Him say words of life, of hope, and of pure, violent, and passionate love.
I trust in His love for me.
"But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.
Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you,
nations in exchange for your life.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west." (Isaiah 43:1-5)
I trust in His promise that He has betrothed me to Him forever.
"I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and in justice,
In lovingkindness and in compassion,
And I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness.
Then you will know the Lord." (Hosea 2:19-20)
I trust that in the moments that I am stumbling and failing, that He will lift me up, carry me through, and make something beautiful out of my weak "yes'".
"Who is this coming up from the wilderness
leaning on her beloved?" (Song of songs 8:5)
I trust that, in fact, HE WILL NEVER LET ME GO. HE WILL NEVER STOP PURSUING ME.
"So now I will expose her lewdness before the eyes of her lovers;
no one will take her out of my hands." (Hosea 2:10)
Oh! My heart explodes with joy when thinking of His love for me!
And to think that His heart feels this way for you too, beloved!
This is how He sees YOU.
This is how He loves YOU. =)
Don't let any other lover distract you from He who created you, just so He could lavish love on you. <3
Revelation 19:7-9
“Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.”
Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”
Love, Sarah beth =)

No comments:
Post a Comment