
My prayer is that I will hunger deeper and more for the Lord and that my longing for Him would be so deep that yesterday's bread will not satisfy me.
The Lord has been giving me a crash course in faith, trusting in Him, and finding myself in Him alone and not in the things of this world. He is increasing my hunger for the things of the eternal, and the things of this world have nothing to offer me.
Something someone said recently has been ringing in my mind constantly since I've heard it:
"How much of your life has been for the eternal and how much has been spent on the things that will pass away? What will you have to show for your time spent here when eternity comes?"
I am truly afraid to know the answer to this question, and I am ashamed to say that I feel like I have wasted much of my life on the things of this world. I know that my God can redeem the time I have wasted and I know He has given me today, right now.
I have been given a gift...life. Today is a gift from God. Breath in my lungs is a sign that God has still more for me in this crazy life, and I love that! I was thinking about the fact that God has created me for the sole purpose of loving me, and me loving Him back. He created us to be with us! That is the reason I am alive right now: I am alive to love God. What a blessing!
In regards to fund raising: God is so faithful!
To be honest, discouragement and hopelessness were both crouching at the door of my heart attacking me over and over, and I was beginning to lack faith.
But God is faithful and that will never change. I confided in the Lord how I was feeling and asked Him to give me encouragement, hope, something! He hears the cry of His children and He answers!...
Two churches got in touch with me this week and told me they have decided to support me! Praise the Lord!
Not only this, but God sent several amazing people in my life to send some encouraging words my way, and help me move forward, trusting the Lord with everything.Praise God for showing me His faithfulness this week! He knows just what we need and exactly when we need it!
"Ask and it will be given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives;
he who seeks finds;
and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
Matthew 7:7-8
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives;
he who seeks finds;
and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
Matthew 7:7-8
No comments:
Post a Comment