Thursday, September 23, 2010

"God has reached down and had mercy on us"


Today was a great day.


I saw a little more of the heart of the Lord.



I got to visit one of the ladies whom has left the streets

She's just moved into an apartment quite near to my house, with her ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL 14 month old baby girl.

This woman has been known for being a bit closed towards everyone and has not really opened up to anyone easily, so I was a bit anxious about going to see her.

I was praying she would see that I am someone she can trust and

talk to,

or just sit with,

grocery shop with,

go for walks with ,

or someone whom she can simply BE with.



I'm watching God answer my prayers, over and over.


The Lord was there, with us.

When we greeted each other again after a long time of not seeing one another, it was a completely different openness that I have ever seen in her. She was radiating with joy and delight on her face.

She is beautiful.


She opened up her heart today.

I saw what pain she has gone through.

I saw how much heartache is still in her life.

The scars on her skin are not as deep as the scars on her heart.


But I know that Jesus can make scars beautiful, and this is what He is doing in her life ...

I know He is doing this.

Jesus has not forgotten her!
Oh no!

He is showing her that He has not left her.

He is making her new, because of His deep deep deep love for her.

Praise the LORD!



Please pray for these women...

Leaving the streets and their "work" is not easy at all.

There is a lot of risk involved, and afterward it's hard to find another job for they don't speak french, they can't read or write, and they don't have any schooling. They depend on the churches generosity for food, and the government for housing. They literally have no money.


But Praise the Lord some of these women have made the decision to follow the Lord, no matter what danger or hardship that means for them!

TO HIM BE THE GLORY :: TO HIM BE THE PRAISE!

No comments: