Saturday, March 19, 2011



"The wind blows wherever it pleases.
You hear its sound,
but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.
So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
::John 3:8::

I want to live this.
I long to walk in the way Jesus did, in complete unison and connection with the Father.

I so love how Jesus had completely abandoned all His desires to obey and serve the Father.
I wonder often, was it hard for Him to do this?
In the same way that Jesus was completely God when He was here on earth, He was also completely man.
He felt the same feelings that we do.
I imagine He must had the same difficulties as us.
I think that He too missed His family when He was called to leave.
And probably at some point in His life, He thought He'd like to be married and have children.
Or maybe He dreamed of being the best carpenter in all the land =)
...regardless of what it was exactly, I know that Jesus had feelings like these, because He was human.

And He chose to give them all up, to obey and honor the Father.

He knew who He was :: He was (and forever will be) the God of the universe.
He knew that this world and these desires are meant to be fulfilled by the Lord Himself, and that He is our deepest longing.

I love to remember and think about these things, for it reminds me that Jesus REALLY does understand every single feeling, emotion, temptation we go through, and not only does He understand, but He has overcome them all and HE WILL OVERCOME THEM THROUGH US.

Jesus LIVES inside of me! How insane is that thought!?!?

......

So, this morning I had this deep yearning to live my life by the Spirit. Lately, this is all I can think about! And I felt that the Lord wanted to show me that He WANTS to lead me and use me for His kingdom.
So, after missing our tram for regular church service, I was thinking that there was something else the Lord had in store for this morning.
So, when a friend asked me to come with her to talk with a Romani (most know them as "gypsys") girl who sat outside of a cathedral begging, I jumped on the opportunity.
After a very good conversation about life, school, prayer, and God, we left her in hopes to see her again soon.
Then me and my friend decided to walk a bit before heading home, while I shared with her what I've been feeling in my spirit about being in the exact place the Lord wants me to be in at the right time. In the middle of this conversation, a woman tripped on some cobblestone while crossing the same street as us, and fell face first onto the pavement, scraping her face, and hands. There was blood everywhere and the woman was really shocked. I tried to help her up and out of the street, but she was really shaken and embarrassed. Thankfully a man came and picked her up taking her to the side of the street, trying to ask her if he needed to call the ambulance, etc. I stayed a bit longer to help her wipe the blood away and see if I could do anything.


I don't know why the Lord had us be in these places this morning, but I know I asked the Lord to guide me, and He did.

He wants to do so much in this world, and He wants to use us, His children! What a privilege!

This just makes my heart hungrier for HIM.
I want to partner with what HE IS DOING in this world and His plans, not what I think He should be doing in this world, with my plans.

I want to learn to recognize my Lovers voice. <3

No comments: