Friday, August 16, 2013

Sometimes faith is hard.

Sometimes believing and hoping for the best is hard.

And many times, when things look like they're out of your hands, it's hard to stay calm and to trust in God.

That has been this past week for me.

This is the most discouraged I have been since beginning the whole support raising process to go to Marseille, France. And what makes it harder is, I have never been more excited and more ready to go than I am now.

At the beginning of this process, many of you know, I was fighting God in every way I knew how, against going to Marseille. I hated the idea, and I hated that I KNEW that God really was calling me to go there, and to die to my own plans, once again.

Now, praise the Lord, He has given me such a deep heart and passion for this city that, on the surface, seems to offer nothing good.

At first, all I saw was what I knew of this city: it's known as being the most dangerous city in France, it's the dirtiest city in France, and many native French don't usually have good things to say about this city. Also when I went to this city a few years ago, I felt more unsafe than I had ever felt in France.

But God is beginning to show me what He sees when he looks at Marseille: a city full of refugees in search for safety, security, and a home, a city of people with hungry hearts, searching for what TRUTH REALLY is, and a city of broken people in desperate need of someone to patiently walk them towards the One who will give them the Purpose and Passion they long for.

I feel more and more privileged to be called to be an ambassador of Christ to these beloved people, the more revelation I receive from the Lord.

Please be praying that this doesn't stop and that daily I seek and find more of the Lord's heart, for it's only from a place of being totally in love with Christ, and free in His love, that I will the best blessing to those around me. It's not about ME, it's about HIM.
<3

No comments: