Well, it's already September and I am back home in North Carolina officially starting my fund raising time!
I finished my first year at BCOM on August 16th! Praise the Lord! After that I stayed at one of my classmates and friend's, Hannah, house in the outskirts of Chicago, IL. That was a nice time to spend with her family and relax after school. After a few days we embarked on the long 15 hour trip through the flat open spaces of IL and the mountains of West Virginia to get to back to my home in NC. After a few days at my house I treated Hannah by taking her to Myrtle Beach in SC, which was a tremendous blessing for the both of us! Can you believe that she has only been to the ocean once VERY breifly!? Hannah's mom flew in from Chicago and got to have some precious time relaxing on the beach with us! =)
After that amazing week of soaking in the sun and the Lord's glory Hannah and her mother made their trip back home and I am starting to get settled back again.
I have been knocked on my knees by the faithfulness the Lord is displaying in my life ever since leaving BCOM. The Lord has provided me with my old job back and I have been recieving more support from unexpected places and unexpected people! Thank you to all of you who have been following the Lord and supporting me in finances and prayer. I know that it is an act of faith, especially in these hard financial times. I am humbled and grateful towards everyone who has helped me, beyond words can express.
Fundraising has been challenging my faith more than I expected. It is hard to see the end result when you are just starting, but the Lord is faithful to keep all of His promises He's made to me, and this is no exception.
I am learning my part in this time in my life. Instead of worrying where the money will come from or how I will make it happen, the Lord is teaching me how to rely on Him and trust Him to provide. I have only the control that the Lord gives me in this and as long as I am obeying Him and listening to His voice, He will do the rest. Who am I to think I can move hearts, when it is the Lord who has created those hearts? God is revealing to me daily that He is bigger than I have ever even imagined.
And I can't help but smile when I think of His great delight in me as He is teaching me more about who He is and all His promises to me.
I am currently at 26% in my fund raising for France and I'm thrilled to watch the Lord provide for me!
Psalm 89:33, the Lord says of His servant;
"I will not take my love from him,
nor will I ever betray my faithfulness."
No comments:
Post a Comment