Sunday, May 19, 2013

moving again.


At the end of this week I am once again packing up all my things, to move back to North Carolina for two months, to fund raise about $60,000 in order to go to Marseille, France.

I don’t know why, but this time around, leaving Bethany is REALLY sad to me.

I am going to miss so many people I have really invested in and allowed myself to love in this past season. The Lord has been teaching me so much about allowing people to come in, and learning more and more about what LOVE really is. And so, when you love, saying good-bye hurts EXTRA deep, i suppose.

Also, I have learned to be content in this place, and make it my home, so now that the Lord has called me somewhere else, I think, “Why would I leave? This place is so great!”

But as i think about these things i know that they will not stop me from following what the Lord has for me, and what He has asked me to do. Now, that doesn't mean I’m not tempted to not do it, and to kinda give up before I even start, because the task looks so big and scary…but I know, I KNOW, that I have to do what He asks me to do.


For He is my True Love. Even if I don’t “feel” the butterfly lovey-dovey feelings like I did in the very beginning, or even though the world has beat me around a bit, and my strength to seek Him and to love Him has weakened from time to time, He is still the Love of my Life.

That will never change.

I want to go where He goes.

Even if following Him, involves thorny paths, broken bones, or even maybe losing limbs, He is worth it. He is the only one worthy of following.

Jesus, I want more of you. I want to follow you where you go. I want to shine your glory through all of my being. No matter where you lead me or what you ask me to do with my hands, and time, I want you to be glorified.

Because you are beautiful. Not out of duty, or guilt, or obligation..but because you are the most beautiful Man I have ever known. There is nothing in you that doesn't deserve all of our praise, Lord.

1 comment:

grammy jln said...

You are missed by more than me =)
Jolean