The truth that this world is not my home is a constant reality to me.
As I am in a season of raising support to be an overseas missionary again, I get asked a lot of questions.
“Do you think you’ll ever stay in one place?”
“Why are you leaving again, when it seems like you just got back?”
“What about retirement?”
Every single one of these questions is legitimate and trust me, I have thought through almost all the questions I’ve been asked.
And there are moments when I go to the Lord and ask Him all of these questions.
“Will I ever stay in one place?”
“Why are you calling me to leave, when I am just now settling back in?”
“What about the future? Retirement? Will I ever be able to buy a house?”
And I know that when I go to the Lord, and reveal my heart to Him, showing Him the thoughts, concerns, and desires that are there, that He is not threatened. My God is not worried or angry with me that I am questioning things.
He is the opposite. He looks down on me with compassion and the deepest of loves.
I can feel His patience and grace being poured on me when I come to Him and place my weaknesses before Him. And He doesn’t go without answering my questions.
When I ask Him, “Will I ever stay in one place?”
He answers, “My love, you must be willing to give up everything to follow me. Trust me. I will take care of you and provide what you need. Know that if I lead you somewhere, I will be with you.”
Matthew 8:21-22 “The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head. Another of the disciples said to him, ‘Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father.’ But Jesus said to him, ‘Follow me and allow the dead to bury their own dead.’”
When I ask, “Why are you calling me to leave, when I am just now settling back in?”
He answers, “It’s a blessing, a privilege, and your birthright to be a part of bringing My Kingdom to this earth. I am offering this to you; be used by Me to fulfill My purposes. I love this world that I created, and will do everything I can in order to bring everyone to Myself. I want you to be a part of this, my love. Follow me where I lead you.”
John 3:8, “The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
When I ask, “What about my future? Retirement? Will I ever be able to buy a house?”
He answers, “Do not worry about money, or your future, or anything, because I will take care of you. I have the best planned for you, even if it doesn’t appear that way to the world, or even to you at times. Trust me. When you follow my will, you will receive riches and blessings that will satisfy, not your flesh that will pass away, but your soul, and I will meet all your needs.”
Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,“ declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Oh, my weak and faithless heart is so strengthened and encouraged by the Words that our God has given us, through His Spirit in us, and in the Book of Life!
And I take heart in knowing that whenever I have questions or doubts, He is ready to pour out portion after portion of grace onto me.
Thank you, my love.
No comments:
Post a Comment