Most of my life, I have been taught by experiences in life, as well as, my culture, to essentially hate men.
Pop culture has always taught me as a woman to criticize men, to never trust them, and to expect the worst from them, because they only want one thing, they will use you, and will always disappoint you.
I found that since, in my experiences at the time, more often than not, what the world was telling me about men was true, and that time and time again, they weren't the perfect "Prince Charming's" I grew up watching in Disney movies, I started to adopt the belief that men are nothing but pigs.
And after spending most of my life with this belief and many years of pushing every man who tried to get close to me away, I met a Man who was called,
Jesus.
He was the complete and total opposite of all the men I had met thus far in my life. Jesus was the most kind, gentle, loving, forgiving, selfless, humble, and gracious Man I had ever met.
After meeting this Man, I realized that He is truly the "Prince Charming" of our lives.
And so, after a few years of falling deeper and deeper in love with this Man, He graciously started to speak to me about a bitter root that had been planted deep in my heart...
...the root of hate, unforgiveness, and bitterness in my heart for His beloved sons.
After all these years of believing all these lies about men, it took me a very long time to even begin to let Jesus start touching this area of my heart, or the root that had begun to take over how I viewed men.
And, still on the journey of seeking revelation and truth about God's creation of man, I want to share some of the things that I love about men:
I love how men were created to be "warriors". Not just in the "go out and kill something" way, but they are designed with a sense of fighting for what they believe in.
I love when a man puts his hand on the small of a woman’s lower back, as if to say, "I’m here for you if you need me."
I love that men are natural protectors.
I love when a man wipes away a woman’s tears or pushes a strand of her hair away from her face, tucking it lovingly behind her ear.
I love that there are millions of men who go to work every-day to provide for their families, and then after a long day they come home to share in the housework or helping with the kids.
I love when a man makes us feel like women.
I love when men are there to kill all the scary bugs.
I love when a man holds the door open, and patiently waits for the woman to go in first.
I love how a man would go to the ends of the earth for a woman he loves.
I love the way a man looks into his child’s eyes and loses himself.
I love that men are adventurous, looking for what hasn't been discovered yet.
I love the way a man runs into the ocean like a maniac, and all the other child-like things they do sometimes.
I love the strength of men and that they can lift things that I can't even dream of lifting. haha.
I love that a man will rub their wife's feet after a long day, even when they had a hard day too.
I love when a man knows what to say and what not to say to make a woman smile.
I love when a man tells a woman how lucky he is to have found her.
I love that a man often thinks of his wife's needs before his own.
I love when a man truly listens to women, with patience and understanding.
1 comment:
Wow, this is powerful and encouraging to hear how Jesus has helped you understand men better. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment